Friday, November 18, 2005

Thanksgiving Turkeys


All week I have been creating Thanksgiving memoraliabilia, ok, crap, for my students to wear, have, take home, after our Thanksgiving FEAST today. The best thing we did was the Turkeys out of gourds. Some pictures are here, but they don't do them justice, they are so much more fun in person.
We also baked pumpkin pies... the yummiest recipe I have ever had, made Sweet Potato Casserole, Roasted a Turkey in class today, and made my family favorite, Pink Fuzzy Jumping Stuff (actually a fruit salad with jello, whipping cream and marshmallows). It was divine and the students all loved it (well most of them loved most of it). Parents were great help and it went as smoothly as any other Thanksgiving dinner I have done at any grade level.

But NOW... it is OVER and I can think of other things...like my date with JD tomorrow... he called tonight, oh ladies, I think this is going to be a very good date.... we will see... lord knows I have made worse choices and lived through the consequences.

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

Woo hoo!!! Have a good time :o)

Le laquet said...

p.s. have some good "teachery" website links for you ... how do you want them in comments or by email?