Sunday, November 27, 2005

TATS

Tattoos... I have thought many times over the years about getting one. Haven't done it yet. Even went into the parlor in Galveston on several occasions, and found some I liked, but none I thought I wanted to live with for the rest of my life or I didn't know for sure where I would have it done on my body.

Last weekend, JD and I were at Howl at the Moon on the riverwalk in San Antonio. There were many young girls in there, including a group of young ladies dressed as naughty Catholic Schoolgirls, rulers and all. More than one of them had a tat on her lower back and it showed. One of the piano players made a remark about it and said that he would prefer a woman have an article or something he could read while effing her. It was funny at the time (of course I was drinking). I would not pick my lower back, but I do see the allure. I have had a few temporary tats that I really liked. A Dragon, A lizard, an anklet Nordic design are among them as the most memorable . I believe I enjoyed them for the short time they were a part of me, the lizard imparticular, and the application there of was intersting as well, and I suppose that if I keep that in mind, it would make me more inclined to pick a design and a place to put it. However, I can't help but think that my "window" of opportunity has passed and I hesitated. Hmmm, sounds like many things in my life... but anyway... I enjoy seeing some tats on some people, hearing the stories behind them, but cannot force the idea of having one to go away or act on it either, so I will just let it go. If it is meant to occur, the time and place will present themselves, and if it isn't... then the window is closed, and it was not meant to be.

Do you have a tat? what is it, and why did you get it? Any interesting story attached?

No comments: