Monday, November 21, 2005

Is This a Break?

Spent Friday evening with Amused Muse and then tortuous shopping for undergarments. Amused Muse had me concerned about the quality of my undergarments for my date with JD... that shopping expedition took all evening... Saturday morning I slept in til 8, got up, watched a few things I had on the DVR, JD called (*surprised, yes I was) on his way to the seminar he had been planning on attending. Then I got up and started getting ready to meet him. Left the house at noon, spent a wonderful afternoon and evening with him. It went far better than I could have hoped for. Of course we still don't really *know* each other, but so far so good. (no, I am not kissing and telling, but I will say... if I hadn't kissed, I could have told...lol)
Sunday morning I traversed the roads again to eat breakfast with JD, then came home to take a nap. RJ and I had planned a cup of Joe with good convo, so he called after an hour of napping, and I got up and went, somewhat reluctantly, since I wanted to sleep... but it was my idea, and I needed to get up and get moving.
Met him at the local constellation gazing dollar hungry coffee shop and had Chai Tea, yum... we traded stories of how our Sat. Night dates went... both went swimmingly, and we decoded the woman/man code of the things the counterpart to our dates said, asked, implied... it is nice to have a spy to help interpret. Then we bought coffee for my mom at Whole Foods, the holiday Celebration flavor, a build your own 6 pack and some Cliff Bars for RJ and a candle for me. Then he reminds me that I wanted to eat, but he wasn't really hungry... ummm there's a PF Changs, wanna have a lite bite? So we end up at the bar, eating appetizers and RJ has a martini (he is very picky about them, and I could tell the bartender was well versed in his martini building skills so I watched in anticipation of a really good martini for RJ, and it was. After eating, I wanted to have a really good drink, and, having never had a drink at PFC, I chose to look over the "specialty drink" menu.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO I like the name Poolside for a drink, does it have what I like in it... woohoo, it does, rum, rum, and more rum... yummy. It also has OJ and PJ in it. YUM... and Blue Cuaracao (sp?)... I suppose to look like a pool... I ordered it.
It came out GREEN... boys and girls, a green drink is just not natural to me...ok ok , I get it... most drink colors are not natural... red, blue, etc... and green is more natural than some of them, but this drink was a funky green, I suppose due to the blue and the fruit juices... but it was YUMMY... I could have sat by the pool...ummm bar, all day and drank them... but I would not have been able to get up if I had.
While enjoying my yummy drink, Amused Muse calls, and she has finished painting her wall and asks for a discerning eye to view it. I end up getting an invitation for homemade burgers with a warning her SO is home. Oh honey, I will be nice, I don't mind him, I just don't like the way he does you... but he won't do it in front of me.
Finish my drink and visit with RJ, then we say our Turkey Goodbyes and Thanksgiving wishes and I drive ALL THE WAY to AM's house. Stayed for great burgers, saw the wall, it was great, moved the china cabinet since Amused Muse has a hurt shoulder, read the paper (yes still looking for a place) and was friendly to the man in her life.

Drove home to a house that needs cleaning, work that I should do, and this morning I am suppose to have already left for a week with my mom... so when am I having a break so I can get my house in order... .guess I will have to invent one.

No comments: