Thursday, October 26, 2006

What I Did Last Sunday












A couple of weeks ago
I was watching a show
called
Texas Country Reporter
which is kinda "hokey" sometimes
and sometimes they have a place
or something that looks really cool

This time it was something really cool
They were talking about this place
that offered Canopy Tours

Canopy as in
the canopy of a tree
and tour
as in zip lines
from one tree to another
about 40 feet off the ground

Last month was RJ's birthday
and I had not done anything for him yet
so I called him up and asked
when he had a free day, because
my idea was going to take about a day

He said Sunday. So last Sunday
RJ and I went zipping through the air
between trees and
traversed across suspension bridges
and leaned out off the platform
with our harness holding us and no hands

and it was a great time.

I didn't tell him what we were doing until we were half way there
and he was excited
but not half as excited
as he was when we were done
he couldn't wait to go again
and really
neither can I
It was terrific fun

The best part was how much fun he had
and much he appreciated the experience as my birthday gift to him
the excitement in his voice
the way his eyes lit up when he talked to his girlfriend on the phone about it,

Priceless.

and I had a blast too...

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

You look like you're having such a fantastic time .... smiling right into your eyes both of you!

ljk said...

How are things with turnaround?
Spineless Jerk emailed me today. I wrote about it in my blog.
Hope you are ok.