Friday, October 20, 2006

Halloween Parties

The muse has twisted my arm
ok
so she didn't have to twist very hard

but we are going to attend a Halloween Party

A Halloween COSTUME Party

and she has had a great time coming up with her costume

and everything I wanted to do
would have taken more preparation
and money than I have of time and money right now

so.... hmmmm I always went to parties
and dressed up
not that many years ago
on Halloween


I have been a
witch
Half Man / Half Woman
Scarecrow
Siren
Conehead (from SNL)
Gorilla
Pumpkin

and yes those are all as adults

oh and have worn a Toga or two

but renting
or making
I can't do

so what do I have still

the Gorilla,
that's not sexy

the conehead and cape

hmmm maybe

oh wait

I can wear my wedding dress
(which I love and know I will never sell or wear again for such a reason)

and I have tennis shoes

yeah

that's the ticket

The Runaway Bride

Now... my mom is shipping it
It will have a most disgusting odor of smoke
when it arrives

and I will not have it cleaned

it will be smokey where we are going...

but can I fit into it? that is the question..

It will be fun to see
I don't think I can just yet
or even by Halloween
but the muse
is a whiz
as a seamstress so
she will come to my rescue

and I will get to feel as pretty
as I did the day I got married
and for that

any party is worth it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm still trying to make my idea a little more feminine looking-finally breaking out of the lesbian image-don't need a major set back.

Do you think fishnet stockings and a black velet choker will work?

Bennu said...

fishnets maybe

not the choker... that would be a set back...

just the red lipstick and lowcut blouse. Oh and maybe a stethescope