Monday, October 30, 2006

Mr. Turnaround's Return

After 9, count'em
9 days of not seeing him
I saw him tonight
The muse even met him
and gave him the overwhelming
Thumbs up
and reminded me
that there will be no more bartering of men
and
a unconvincing "he's not my type" commentary
which I did not believe

I enjoyed his company very much
He told stories of his weekend and
what was new with him
but he didn't ask any questions
except how the costume party was
and I told the tales of the wild night
at the VFW
(yeah it was wild)

while he was here, my phone rang 5 times or more
one was Mr. Duvall
who I did call back
and his brother is very ill
probably dying
and he needed someone to talk to
he called while following the ambulance to the hospital
he only told me a little of what was going on
and asked if I would be around later

for you honey, I am here anytime
you have been too good to me for me not to

so I am waiting for that phone call back

then some one that my son in Seattle is subletting from
called for a reference
and she gave me some background on the guys that he is renting this place with and offered to check on him whenever I had a concern
so that was nice

and Mr. Plumber,
who tried to play me
and the Muse
this summer called

how in the hell he still had my number
I have no idea
his mother is very sick
he needed someone to talk to
so he called me

WTF

Hello I am Bennu
and I am the one
whose shoulder you can cry on
who will take care of you when you are sick
who listens when you talk
and
you can take full advantage of
emotionally anyway.

ok so I am exaggerating

I am glad Mr. Duvall has me to talk to
and that he calls and confides
in me
and I like having him to call and confide in as well

He doesn't let me feel bad
he reminds me
that real men don't feel sorry for themselves
and if they do
they don't let others know about it

and tonight
when he called back
he asked
"Tell me your problems again.."

"Oh no you don't, I told them to you Saturday night and I caught hell, tonight it is your turn and I will listen."

and no
Mr. Turnaround didn't even hint
at when I would see him again
and

I, suprisingly, I know, didn't ask.

My favorite bartender told me tonight
that any thing I say
close to what I want to convey to him
would run him off in a heartbeat
so I am waiting

don't faint
but I am waiting

PATIENTLY

ok so maybe not so patiently
but I am waiting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is NOT my type and I'm glad that this fish ended up on your line.

Much phone activity! :)

Walker said...

You went fishing?
I have an idea.
It might sound crazy but next time go out looking for Mr Wrong because the Mr Rights you two find, yes the two of you are wrong wrong wrong LOL

Bennu said...

Yes, i am a fisher of men...lol and the Muse, well she is a GOOD Stweward...lol

so you think he is wrong do you? didn't you tell me you have never asked a woman out? and yet, they come and stay? he doesn't ask me out, but he comes to see me. ... We will see, the jury is still out...

Walker said...

If he was right he would be calling you regularly instead of being with his friends if thats who he is with.
Its not like he lives in another city.
Maybe he is gay and just wants a girlfriend to chat with LMAO

ljk said...

Take note of the lag in seeing you. If he calls you, emails etc and keeps in touch, that's probably ok. Otherwise, why isn't he seeing you more than once every now and then?

I had a friend who seems to be suffering from the other extreme, but he is an idiot and I told him not to hurt his girlfriend. Had to write about it in a post.

Some guys are idiots. :-)

Hope you work it out with Turnaround.