Monday, December 08, 2008

Merry Merry Merry

I have been in the spirit
the holiday spirit

the Christmas SPIRIT
since before Thanksgiving

I can't wait to see the lights
I squeal with delight
as my neighbors decorate
their patios
and doors
with colorful lights

I arrived home from a date
unable to sleep
chose to drive around
and look for the brightest spots
in my old neighborhood
the big blue tree
was not shining bright
but the street that never disappoints
was beautiful and
oh so SHINY
and I surely needed
some
ooooooooooo shiny

Unpacking one box
on Sunday
when I was needing
a huge music fix
and my cd's
from the tall stand
not the car
were still in a box
I found
my Christmas music
and much more
then I put in
one of them
and had a great
Christmas Music
Mix
I mean
Fix

so, in this frenzy
of holiday spirit
I did find a great
tree
and brought it home
and set it up
all on my own
on Thursday night
and here it is
Monday
and I haven't even
dug out my
lights
and other decorations
but tomorrow
tomorrow is the day
for decorating
so tonight
I met the muse
at Home Depot
and helped her get
her Christmas tree
carried it home
on top of my vehicle
to her home
unloaded it
and helped her
get it in the house
after putting it
in the stand...

so go out
and sing along
to
the Little Drummer Boy
or enjoy gazing
into the lights
or help a friend in need...

whatever you do
enjoy it
this holiday season...

No comments: