Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Adieu, Adieu, To You and You and You

I was flipping channels
looking for something to watch
whilst doing the dishes
to pass the time more pleasantly
and I found
The Sound of Music on
at just the place
where the weather is stormy
and the children all come into
the bedroom
and Julie Andrews starts singing
A Few of my favorite things

This year
I have found out
what a few of my favorite things are

and I won't even pretend that they rhyme
for they won't
they are simply off the top of my head

A man in my bed who is happy to be there

A fire in my fireplace and friends to share it with

Sitting in the big chair sipping coffee
and reading the paper

Playing games, whether darts,
or a silly word game with friends
and laughing

dancing on my hard wood floors
alone or with a great two stepper

Walking down the beach until
I have no idea how far I have walked
and have lost track of time

Brainstorming new ideas
based on a topic
with the muse (Adieu)

Decorating my condo
to feel like home
and lived in (finally)

Writing and reading
great blogs

Having friends and family
come over to my place
to hang out

making someone else's day brighter
with the little things in life
that seem so insignificant

starting a great conversation
with a complete stranger

spending time with a man
who makes me feel so special
each and everytime I am with him

Working out until I am exhausted

Sitting in the sun in the dead of winter
hoping for spring
but thankful for the sunshine

Adieu to 2008,
I wish for each of you
a journey that helps you find
your favorite things
in 2009
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments: