Monday, December 29, 2008

Outsourced to India

Recently a call was made
to cancel cable
due to incompetent service
and a call was made
to hook up with my cell phone provider
so that all could be in one place
and service would be comparable
and yet,
much cheaper....

all was well in Bennu Land

the internet was actually faster
the home phone - a new number
the bill - exceptionally lower
basic cable channels
more than enough to watch
as I wean myself off TV watching

Netflix provides a great distraction
when one is needed
and still
all is cheaper than before

Saturday night
I had a great party
with an intimate gathering
of about a dozen people
and afterwards
I had a great story to blog
and so I fire up
the laptop
and start typing
in the middle of it
I lost the internet connection
with my wireless router
and it could not be restored
I talked to the service provider
and after 2 + hours
around the witching hour
I am told
it is the software
on my computer
and not my router or service
and am provided phone numbers

so I go to sleep
wake up Sunday
late for me, after 10 am
and pick up my home phone
which is cordless
and dial the company
I bought the computer from
and am on hold
waiting for a wireless representative
and then

then my phone goes dead
the battery ran down
from being on hold for
over an hour

so I gave up for the day
and took the automated voice
suggestion
and called back today after 6 am
after being on hold
for more than an hour
I finally was connected to
a very nice man
who was obviously in India
but his accent was not so thick
that I could not understand him

He walked me through several steps
only to find that I needed to reimage
my computer
which we did
and now I am once again connected

my only thought
other than hating being outsourced to India
and how well I was treated by
a complete stranger
that I spent over 2 hours
on the phone with
after the 70 minutes on hold

my only thought
was
if they can get people in India
to work so much cheaper
that is no
Fucking reason
anyone should have to be
ON HOLD for over an hour
hire more of them
they aren't celebrating Christmas

but I have to say
he was nicer than most
and even made a point to say
he would check again tomorrow to see
if I was still
"connected"
to the world

It is amazing all the things
you think you will look up
online
only to remember you can't...

other than that
the weekend was great
and I may post more
later
in reference to that
hell, now I can't remember
what I was going to blog about
in regards to the party
I am just happy to be
reconnected
at the moment...
have a great day!

No comments: