Monday, December 22, 2008

Long List

Having some days off...

the number of which is debatable
since I don't count the eves
or the actual holidays
so I say
I have 6 days off
it just happens
that with weekends
and holidays
it adds up to two weeks
straight
but I digress.

I decide to get some chores done
some much needed chores
and this afternoon
I sit
feeling guilty
for not getting more done today
and then I think about
what I did get done

I set up my dsl internet
46 minutes on the phone
with technical support
but hey, now it is done
and it is faster than the cable
that I was using...
woo hoo

set up new phone service
24 minutes on the phone
with technical support
which was a waste
I figured it out on my own

20 minutes taking down
the cable modem
setting up a tv in the living room
getting the cable hooked up to it
for basic cable
and plugging in the tv
woohoo
now I can watch while I do the dishes
or at least listen

Then I proceeded to clean the kitchen
I guess if you add up all the time
it doesn't add up to that much
but when you look at the list
and add to it
that I heated up lunch and ate it
dug through a big stack of mail
and threw most of it away
and am not about to shower
and go out for the evening
I got more done today
than if all I did was eat bon bons
and sit on the couch
or lay on the bed..

Now I am going to wrap a gift
and get ready for my evening

have a good one
stay warm if it is cold where you are

No comments: