Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Beginnings

Most, if not all
of the blogs I have read
in the last few days
which are about a dozen
state what a bad year '08
was for them

so I started taking stock
of how my year was
It was a difficult year for me
as well
but some very good things
came of it

First the bad stuff
my mom was terribly ill
last spring
and as a result
now has three stents in her heart

I gained more weight
than I have in my life
except for pregnancies

Deaths of family members
of friends and co-workers
really started to shake my resolve
and make the reality of losing my mom
in the future (hopefully distant)
very much a reality

I lost a friend
or so I thought
(by that I mean, I thought
she was a friend, when in fact
she may not have been, actually)

My choices in men
to date were dismal
and I made some
terrible errors in judgement

and now for the good stuff
that occurred in '08

My youngest son
finally started turning his life
around
and although he struggles
he is doing it on his own

My mom and I are
as always
getting along swimmingly
but now with no
heavy handed guilt
being laid down
by her
or taken by me
and it is so much more pleasant
to spend time with her

I only have Mr. Duvall
in my life
as far as a man goes
sure there are some
cameo appearances
by those who shall not be named

but for the most part
Mr. Duvall covers all the bases
in an afternoon
or evening
and for now
I am content

I have made changes
that I feel really good about
in my life
small changes
but ones I like

I stopped watching tv
oh not all together
but am spending
much less time in front
of the tv and doing
nothing else

If I do watch
it is usually
a Netflix movie of my choosing
the news in the morning
or happen chance of what is on
which isn't a big selection
since I gave up all channels
except the first 20 or so
which is plenty
believe me

My job is still stressful
and unpredictable
but is much more pleasant

My new home is beautiful
and pleasant
and great for entertaining
so I am thoroughly
enjoying it
and the decorating of it
has been a blast

SO
WHAT IS IN STORE
FOR THE NEW YEAR?

some
NEW BEGINNINGS

I will strive
in '09
to be the best "me"
I can be
physically, emotionally
and spiritually
for myself
and those around me
that is my mantra,
mission statement,
resolution
and will be posted
at the top of my blog
starting today

Happy New Year Everyone
May everything be fine
in 2009

No comments: