Thursday, November 27, 2008

To Every Thing There is a Season

Happy Thanksgiving
to you and yours
I hope it is truly a great
Season of Thanks

I am very thankful
I am thankful for the peace
the peace that has reached me
and helped me enjoy
a holiday that was just
between me and my
mother

I am thankful for two thoughtful sons
who
even though they aren't with me today
they did think to call
all by themselves
and say Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful for my mother
and the fact that she is still here
with me on earth
and we have some of the most
meaningful conversations
that we have ever had

I am thankful for the close friends
that choose to be a part of my life
and allow me to be a part of theirs
they spice up my day

I am thankful for a man
even though he is limited
in the time he can spend with me
he is a great man
who has treated me well

perhaps a great love in life
isn't meant to be 24/7
but the one that lifts you
loves you and holds you closely
in their heart
when not in their arms

I am thankful for a cozy home
that makes me proud to entertain
and have friends over for a dinner
a drink, or just a great conversation

I am thankful for the life I have
in a time of a poor economy
I am self-sufficient
and struggling to a degree
to keep my head above water
but at the same time
I have no credit card debt
I have only one payment a month
that is my car payment
of sorts
and I do have savings
and this year
for the first time
I will also have some investments
so
I am thankful for
being in a better place
personally, family wise,
emotionally, and financially
than I have ever been in my life.

My hope is that you are as well.

No comments: