Sunday, September 16, 2007

Slept Late

When I was a teenager
it wasn't unusual
as I am sure it isn't for most
for me to sleep
til way past noon

When I was working
in restaurants
and partying after work
til 3 or 4 am
it wasn't unusual
for me to sleep
til I had to get up
for the next evenings
shift at about 3 or 4 PM

When I was first married
and didn't work
because we had moved
to a place where there
were no jobs for me
it wasn't unusual
for me to sleep
til 11 am or noon

When I was pregnant
for the first time
It wasn't unusual
for me to take a nap
in the afternoon

When my first baby was born
I didn't sleep well
for over a year
he never slept
through the night

When I was pregnant
with my second child
It wasn't unusual
for us (first son and I)
to take a nap
for a good part of the afternoon.

When I had two children
in the house
it wasn't unusual
that I got up early
and stayed up late
most of the time
and

it has just become
part of my life
that my alarm
goes off at 5
and I get up

so sleeping late
and getting more than 9 hours
yes, 9 hours sleep
has become
very unusual for me

when it was once the norm

but this weekend
I slept nearly 11 hours
the first night
and last night
it was 10 hours
because I went to bed
at 10.

So, now I feel like
I slept late
and I caught up
on my sleep

I feel much better.

gosh, I didn't get up
til nearly 10 am yesterday...

woo hoo,
I wonder
if I stayed home from work
a few days and tested my theory
if I could start sleeping til noon again

oh yeah, I had two months to do that
and no, I didn't sleep that late
but I did sleep til after 8 several days...


Have a great day,

I am.

1 comment:

muse said...

You should take the blonde approach to sleeping...empty your head!