Thursday, September 13, 2007

Recurring Dream

I don't know
how many nights
in a row
and some nights skipped
but I keep having a
recurring dream

I think it stems
from the muse
and I talking
about speaking positive
and putting the good thoughts
out there
for the man we want to have
in our lives
and no,
not the same man
but the "ideal" man
we want to have in our lives

well,
I haven't met him
but I am dreaming about him

We are sitting together
and he is trying to read something
and has trouble with the
"fine print"
so I try to read it
we are happy
we are joking
we are laughing
we are having a good time
and I look at what it is
he is trying to read
and I start to look
over my glasses,
because I am near-sighted
and can see without my glasses
when it is close to my face
I catch myself
looking over my glasses
and remember the muse
fussing at me
that I should take them off
instead of looking over them

apparently it is not a good look for me

so I take the off and read it for him
and put them back on

that is all I remember about the dream

and for several days now
when I have had that dream
I wake up alone
in the middle of my bed
(started sleeping in the middle
about two months ago, and apparently
there is a reason, but regardless, I love it)

and I am sad

this afternoon
the sadness hasn't gone away...

I am wishing for the man
instead of the dream
but am still not trying to date
or pursuing anyone.....

I like the dream
and don't want it to go away or end
but am not excited about the sadness
that follows...

No comments: