Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rant

I have the swimming pool blues.

I was very much so enjoying my favorite pool and the company and then it was taken away in the blink of an eye.

I know, I know, get over it already...

My rant is about the swimming pool at my apt.

I chose my apt. as my new abode for several reasons.

First, the price was right.

Second, There are trees and it is a small complex so there is an intimacy factor of not just being one of the masses, or a number not a person.

Third, the swimming pool can be seen from my bedroom window.

Fourth, the swimming pool is right out my front door.

Fifth, the swimming pool is 6 feet deep at one end, hence I could practice diving off the edge... I don't care what the sign says, I love diving off a diving board and since my knee issue, I am not sure I can anymore...

AND THE F..ING POOL IS STILL NOT OPEN

First, they filled it and it looked good

Then, it turned green and had tree crap all in it

Next, they drained it, refilled it and hired a pool company to maintain it

Then, AGAIN, it turned green and had tree crap all in it

Once again, they drained it, then, right before I was gone, FOR A MONTH, they started drilling the plaster off the sides of it, making horrible noise all day... so I was glad I was going to miss that...

Then, on June 24th, yes, the 24th, I return, and they have still done nothing more than drilling rivets into the sides of the plaster.

Thursday, as I was leaving for my walk, I stopped and talked to the management, expressing my disgust as the pool and it's possibilities for helping me have a good summer were the main reason I moved here...

ok and the 40's style of things, and the wood floors, but I didn't mention those.

She said the pool would be open by the 4th of July.

They are going to replaster it and it has to set, but it will be open by Tuesday.

They didn't work on it on Thursday

They didn't work on it Friday

Today, Saturday, just as I was ready to walk out the door to take my walk, it started raining...

it rained for a good 45 minutes...

Who do you think I saw?

The pool plasterers

That's right, they put a tarp over the pool

Mixed their plaster and have started working.

I am not going to worry about the pool being ready by Tuesday

I won't be here anyway, but it better be ready when I get back,

I have shit to work through in my head,

I need to feel great about where I am, and that pool is at the center of that recovery process.

So... do you really think it will be ready by next Saturday? A week from today?

If wishing makes it so, then yes, it will...

but I have already learned that wishing for something you want so bad does not necessarily make it so.

No comments: