Sunday, July 02, 2006

Q and A

A few days ago I said you could ask me anything you wanted to know.

An idea I got from Vickie, who apparently got it from Skye, who says it was suggested by Walker... hmmm quite the circle isn't it?

Anyway, Walker, of Lost Here and Beyond asked a question that I am sure we have already discussed between the two of us, but I have chosen to put it down in words.

Walker asked

What do you want out of life as you get older and you're kids have grown up and started on their path.

I have thought a good deal about what I want and yet the things that first came to mind are the ones most important to me and I doubt many of them are much different than what other people would say.

I want the last great love of my life to come along before I am not in good enough shape to have wonderful world wide adventures with him.

I want to travel and have great adventures across the US and abroad

I want to spend the last of my days, after my adventures, on a beach, hopefully somewhat secluded, and enjoy each and every day.

I want my children to be successful in all their endeavors and keep a very close relationship with them.

I want to have great friends that I can be a great friend for.

I want to be happy... in all aspects of life, not just one or none at a time.

That is the short version... for you know I could be as long winded as Mr. H

Then an anonymous reader asked two questions... what bravery, first to ask anonymously, but then to ask, not one... but two... and don't think I don't have an idea of who you are... I do... so that is why I will answer them.

What would you change about yourself

1. something you consider a frivolos category/superificial/something that most people haven't noticed anyway but which bugs you about yourself

2. something you consider a significant category- that you know to be holding you back from your potential or something that people have said to you about changing?


IF I could change anything about myself it would be to hold my tongue more often and listen to others, esp. professionally. It isn't that I think I know it all, it is that I question and that makes people nervous and that turns to contempt. Or so it has in the past. AND THAT WAS the FRIVOLOUS one.

Now this one is going to sound like it should have been the frivolous one. I would like to get over my addiction to diet coke in the morning. My dentist has warned me that it is part of the problem with my teeth and I need to drink tea or coffee and lay off the sodas... which also interferes with my favorite Happy Hour beverage of choice. It will make a huge difference in saving my teeth... which I am still not convinced is worth the small fortune I have dished out to the dentist this year alone.

I know, I know, not near as exciting as all of you thought I was, or perhaps not as boring as all of you thought I was. Now if this has sparked additional questions or you have one but have not asked, the floor is still open, just ask.

In the mean time, have a great 4th of July... light a bottle rocket for me.

1 comment:

Walker said...

Hmmm
Are you sayinng you are waiting for the love of your life to show up so you two could run off into the sunset in search of the eigth wonder of the world.
I know a little dramatic but I am Greek :)
Who's to say you are not to venture out into the wide blue yonder alone and meet the love of you life midst your trek into the unknown.
Maybe you meet him at Taco Bell in Japan
All I am saying is don't wait, just go do it and life will come to you when you least expect it