Saturday, July 29, 2006

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Sometimes

for a brief amount of time
great things can happen to a person
just a glimpse in the space time continuem
and then they are gone.

Such is my life

Ever since the end of May
I have had the pleasure of
enjoying a growth
that has truly surprised me
and delighted me
and today,

today the end is in sight

I know it will not last another week or two

I have done everything I could
I have taken precautions
to prolong the inevitable

I have taken time just to observe
and enjoy and revel in the glory
of the miracle
in my life each and every day

I even enlisted others to help me
to pamper
care for
and extend the life

of

my fingernails

Yes, boys and girls,

they grew very long over the summer

I had two manicures

which were great

and then it happened,

I broke one

I know not how,

I noticed it in the shower

I filed it and moved on

then another broke

and today,

today the longest one

my pinkie

showed me that it was too

broken...

it is only a matter of time

and they will all be short again

enduring the torture

I put them through on a daily basis

and with 22 5 year olds keeping me on my toes.

It is a sad sad day...


but the memories,

the memories will bring a smile to my face each time I think about the summer I had long fingernails.

2 comments:

Nuella said...

Oh no, he wasn't in touch. HE MARRIED?!?!?! When the heck did that happen. He wasn't even really seriously with anyone when we knew him, what happened? Well that's surprising. I'm glad for him. But I'm sad he didn't let me know, he must have lost my email or something :(

Anonymous said...

I bought into to the whole metaphor...but was denied...fingernails? Like great sex...lasts for a short while then its gone.

They can put tips on the vanishing fingernails, but what can be done for vanishing sex?