Friday, July 14, 2006

Technology- Friend or Foe?

Sometimes technology is my friend

Many times technology is my foe

Today it is the latter

So today's rant ensues

I have a dead Nikon camera

It has been dead for a year

My mom let me borrow her Sony last fall
I had it until Christmas, then I returned it

At school we have Sony's also

I have a very nice memory stick
It obviously only works with Sony's

I need a camera for personal use and
for school use

I am thinking

Hey, get a Sony, then you can use
that fancy stick and the card reader that goes with it

So today, in the mood to look at cameras
I venture to my less than favorite store
Best Buy
I do,
amazingly enough
get a great young lady that actually knows her cameras

I explain my dilemma
She informs me
None of the new Sonys use the memory stick that I have

They have a new fancy one,
A short one
Not a long one

*what? we went from long to short, that's not normal :)

anyway, long story short
I have a new "cheap" camera
with a new memory stick
a mail in rebate
and 20 dollars from some online flower shop (first week of school will be a good time to send myself flowers)

and a memory stick I can only use with a school camera,
which I started with.

It is all a ploy

A ploy to make us spend more money

for things that if they made them work together

we wouldn't need new ones (memory sticks)


The UPSIDE:

I can take pictures to post, which is part of what I have been wanting to do as well as use the camera at work.

BONUS: I think I wrote this entire post without one expletive... woo hoo...

1 comment:

Le laquet said...

They have us by "the short and curlies" dont they?!!?