Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Post

I have called my mom, I have called my friends who are mothers, and now I am going to spend the day with my friend RJ, who lost his mom this year.

As I have said in the past, I think that when I lose my mother in this world, it will completely devastate me. If I can make his day a little less painful, I want to do it.

Walker wrote the best mother's day post imaginable, so if you want to read a touching post, go to Lost Here and Beyond and read.

Others of you, here is what I expect from my day.

I hope my children call, but if not, they are still young, they will figure it out one day.
I wish my friends would call, and I think they will.

I am going to prepare my favorite meal and share it with RJ. He is finally going to install my new showerhead and I am preparing to get my spare bedroom ready for unexpected guests.

If I keep myself busy and have others to talk to, esp. RJ or AM, then I will be able to keep my mind off the obvious loss in my life of late and my first Mother's Day without children in the house.

I miss them all, not just my own two.

Happy Mother's Day...

1 comment:

Walker said...

I know your kid will call you, it helps to read the prenious post to LOL
I refuse to think about my mother not being here, I can't imagine loosing either one of them.
Thank you for the link. :)