Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Holiday

That's right folks, in the US it is a holiday. Memorial Day, oh my goodness... isn't that the truth!!! Now I do respect our armed forces and those who have given their lives for our country, but here is my memorial day post that has nothing to do with the real meaning of the holiday....

I met a man that I would marry on a blind date on May 28, married him exactly a year later and celebrated the 28th of each month as an anniversary of sorts. Each Memorial Day Weekend lent itself as an opportunity to have a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I thought that one day I would be able let it come and go and not pay attention It has taken 3 years to not pay attention to the 28th of each month. I have done pretty well with it, esp. in April, but then yesterday, it hit me...

Memorial Day... yes, I have great memories and I have horrible memories, and yet somehow as time passes the bad ones are not as easy to remember and the great ones are. I guess when they say Absence Makes the Heart grow Fonder, they had the same experience as I am sure all of you have as well.

What I can say is that I learned my lesson and I will never go back, and rather than remember the bad, I would prefer to remember the good...

How else could I explain my attraction to the man I spent more time with than any other man?

I hope you had a great holiday weekend.

No comments: