Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Worse Than The "Post-It" Note Incident

In Sex and the City
Berger broke up with Carrie
Using a post-it note

It is as bad or worse
than breaking up with someone
on the phone
or by email
at work no less.

Today
I was recipient of said email
from Mr. Beamer

Not that it was a surprise
I saw it coming
Not that I was that upset about it

but disappointed in that person

yes, I am

it doesn't matter if you admit
how chicken shit you are
you still chose
to do the
down and dirty
in a very bad way

I understand when a person
isn't ready to have a relationship
I learned that one the hard way
last spring

I understand
thinking that you are ready
only to go out
and find
that you aren't
because sometimes
you really just need to be
by yourself
or not bugged by someone
or aren't in a place to give
all you need to in a relationship

I don't understand
not at least calling
when you know you should
or saying it sooner
and saving us all
some time and energy

Man,
and Mr. Big Bad Wolf
that I met on my walk
last night
asked me out
for tonight and
silly me
I said I had plans

hmmmm
where is his number...

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Sorry things did not work out but better to find out now than later.

Now go retrace those steps and find that Big Bad Wolf . :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Juanita anythings are bad enough...let's leave the impersonal technologies out of this sort of situation.

Hey, if my memory serves me well, when Berger broke up with Carrie she ended up getting stoned and arrested. Which officially became the day she got arrested for smoking a doobie on the streets of NY. Maybe that's they way to cope with insensitivities!