Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pearls of Wisdom

There have been many days
of late
and over the summer
that have had me asking

does someone
that treats you horribly

ever feel
true remorse....?

I think there are some who do

but an overwhelming number of them

DON'T feel any remorse.

The muse watched Oprah one day last week
(I don't leave work early enough for that)

and she saw a show that gave some
pearls of wisdom.
Last night,

after her sleeping pill
and not going to sleep,

she tried to post a comment here
with some quotes...

well
it didn't work,
for some reason
I am sure it was
OE

anyway, she showed it to me today
after a day of geocaching
and before our dance hall destination

and here is the wisdom someone named Michelle
was told
after expressing her desire
to talk to this man
who had broken her heart
so that she could have complete closure...

Michelle says that she is finding her own closure,
but she would like closure from Mark, too.
At least,
she wonders, will he feel remorse on his deathbed?

"Can I tell you something?" Dr. Robin says.
"He can't give you any [closure].
And he doesn't want to give you any.
You don't exist to him. … He will die a liar.
He will die someone who harmed and hurt people.
And he will feel no pain for all the pain he's caused.


That's devastating, but it's real."


and to me?

to me it is really sad...

I don't wish that on anyone,
but he earned it....

and the man who treated me so badly,
he has earned his life as well....

I hope it was worth the cost....

as for me, I am filling myself back up
without a man to do it for me...

one of the best things I can do
is what 4 widows of 911 did...

But just before the attacks' first anniversary,
four September 11 widows in their 30s met for dinner.
The four forged a strong bond
and began their own support group called the Widows Club.
This month sees the release of their book,
"Love You, Mean It," a memoir of rebuilt lives.
In the book, Carrington, Julia Collins, Claudia Gerbasi
and Ann Haynes explain how their friendship guided them through the suffering,
making them more empathetic and attuned to life.

I will do the same and
give and get support from my women friends
until I am ready for a good man
to come into my life...
and then


well

he will.

No comments: