Sunday, September 24, 2006

When Worlds Collide

The plan this weekend was to clean house and do laundry.
I feel like I haven't been home in two weeks.
First, the muse and I spent practically 4 days together and 2 of those were at the beach, which was great.
Then I had to prepare for seasonal eval at work,
which turned out fantastically for me
woohoo
pause for big sigh of relief and huge grin hee hee hee

then an afternoon in Nirvana
to rejuvenate my spirit
and satisfy my cravings

and then the weekend was here.
Saturday started out with cleaning of floors
sorting of laundry
and straightening up of desk,
somewhere in there I started to take the trash out
and as I walked out the door
the sun was shining,
it was hot,
not just a little hot
but HOT out
and the pool was calling my name
the dishes were calling my name too, but
the pool was talking louder than the dishes
so after taking the trash out
I quickly slipped into a swimsuit
one I haven't been able to fit in
until now
and
carried the chair to the pool
and sat and read and rested
and cooled my body in the chilly water
and chilled for over three hours
getting some rays
and soulful rejuvenation

knowing full well
that today, the house cleaning would commence
and it has
I fell asleep last night on the couch
sometime around 7 when the storm
was beginning to blow through
and I put myself to bed at nearly 10
and slept all in all about 12 hours

today the list is long
but much of it has already been done
and the weather is cool and cloudy
I opened all the windows
turned up the music
and am in the mood for
chilly weather foods
such as
goulash
beans
chili
stew

and corn bread is sounding really good

so muse and I discussed what we eat cornbread with
she is making chili and I said
I would bring the cornbread
which I will eat with stew, chili, or beans
but not with goulash
which I have bread and butter with

but she doesn't eat cornbread with anything
except goulash
so she is baking bread
but she says she is making it just to make the house smell good

It was summer yesterday,
or at least it felt like it,
and looked like it,

and today it is fall,
felt like it,
looked like it,
and later, it will taste like it.

Time to get the chiminea ready for some fires
and the grill ready to cook
for parties on the patio
when it won't be too hot to sit out
visit and drink lively libations.

I will miss sitting by the pool, in the sun,
but I am looking forward to
cooler days and spending some time
outside with friends

I guess things do come to an end
and although some of it will be missed
and remembered fondly

there is good reason to look forward
to things to come .

1 comment:

ljk said...

you sound much happier and more optimistic. A rebirth? Summer into Fall, change of seasons seem to bring new perspectives!

Take care! And congrats on the good evaluation!