Sunday, May 04, 2008

Here's Your Sign

Many times
I have discussed
with people in my life
the idea
that there are signs
signs that show us a path
signs that talk to us
subconsciously
signs that things are right
or
signs that things are not right
and many times
many, many,
many times
I have not listened
or have discarded
or shushed
the signs...

The Muse calls them flukes
and writes about how they
save her life
or complicate it

I have wondered
in what way am I
suppose to interpret them

The latest sign
I have experienced
is a job offer
that I have already written about

Tater and I have gone
around and around
about what I should do
he supports the idea
that if I take it
things will continue between us
but at a longer distance
than either of us
would prefer

So.... explain to me
why a good man
would come into my life
after a very long spell
of years
without one
and then I would be handed
a great job
in another city
and am suppose to take it

well, let's see
maybe,
in the long run
he isn't suppose to be the man
and the job is life-changing

or
he is the man
the last great love of my life
and a year
or rather 9 months apart
will just make it better
the timing will fit then

or
the sign isn't
to TAKE the job
but rather to show me
that I can get another job offer
that I am good at my vocation
and I shouldn't let the troubles
where I have been dictate to me
loss of faith in what I am good at

and the good man is there
to reassure me
that I will be fine
and to stand by me
and cheer me on
as I face my fears
and move forward

and there are other signs
like today
when I was talking to Tater
and he asked what time
the Spurs game was
on Sunday
and I said it was at 7:00
and he asked
PM?
and then he said
ok, just hand me my sign
I know they aren't playing
at 7 am
and I was thinking
when he asked PM?

Here's your sign
but I didn't dare say it

No comments: