Monday, May 12, 2008

Exhaustion / Mother's Day

I have been home for less than a week
There is so much to be done here
considering
I basically lost over 6 weeks
of momentum
due to being out of town
with my mom, who,
is doing great, thanks for asking

and I should have worked all weekend
to try to get "caught up"
but I didn't
I couldn't
I mean I couldn't move
I couldn't wake up
I yawned and moved slow
all weekend
I spent Mother's Day
just vegging out,
catching up with the shows
on my DVR
when I did go out
I went for coffee
and found myself yawning
on the way home
then in the afternoon
I went to see my youngest son
at his work and ate with him
during his break

he took me to breakfast on Saturday
for Mother's Day
because he had to work Sunday
so I thought it would be good
for me to go eat with him

but other than that
and two short breaks
to sit in the sunshine
I really layed around
like a sloth

at first I thought I was a bit depressed
then I thought I just haven't
been sleeping well
and then tater called
and suggested
it was exhaustion
and I think he is right
mental fatigue
is all it is
but i woke up early
on Monday morning
(hence this post)
and even though I would like
to go back to sleep
I doubt I can
I have rested all weekend
basically
and today
today I have to wake up
and smell the coffee
and get back on the horse
called "my life"
after being thrown
from pure exhaustion

My mother's day was pleasant
but very quiet
my oldest forgot about it
until after midnight
and then sent me a message
that he would take me to dinner
while in town in June.

I hope you had a pleasant weekend
and that your children appreciated their mom
on Sunday

No comments: