Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Too Much Stuff Going On

the Muse calls
I can't concentrate to have a conversation

Tater calls
I jump all over the place
and my emotions run the gamut

Someone at school asks
about my mom
and I burst into tears

I am a mess
because I am on overload

I need to make a decision about a job
I need to make it through the end of the year
I need to help my youngest son get on his feet
I need to take care of my mom
I need to get ready to go to Amarillo ...tomorrow
at least this time I am flying

Job Decision?
well, I have been offered one
the downside is:
as far as Tater is concerned
it is in Corpus Christi
as far as I am concerned
it pays considerably less
the upside is:
it is near the beach
I have received the offer
It would be a big learning experience
and that would be good

I can continue to look here
and not take it
but I am fearful
of not receiving another offer here

worst case scenario: stay where I am another year
and risk non-renewal

Make it through the rest of the year?
well, how easy is it
to go to work
in a hostile environment?
nuff said

Youngest son?
has had a job for a few months
but has been living under a bridge
his vehicle is not in working order
and has been sucking his pocket dry
so he has no money to live on
and payday is 10 days away
I will be out of town 7 of those days...
and I don't trust him to stay at my house
without me....
what to do?
I don't know, but I am working on it
and Tater is helping me
or rather
him... to take care of some outstanding tickets
and then we are all going to pitch in
and get him set up in an apt.
that he will be responsible for
I hope it works

Take care of mom?

I think I am bursting into tears
out of guilt
I feel like I should be there
all the time
I feel like I am not doing
what a good daughter should
and tomorrow I go back
for the third stent
on Thursday
the "tricky" one
the dr. said
so underlying stress about that
abounds

and then there is getting ready to go
getting a ride from the airport upon arrival
and being without a vehicle for a week

the upside is
no long drive by myself
and I have a good book to read
to take my mind off things...

I have too much on my plate
and most of it doesn't taste very good
and I need to lose some weight anyway
(which is a whole 'nuther post)

so excuse me
if I just excuse myself
to find some sand
to stick my head in
and forget what is going on....

see... that is why it was so wonderful
to let loose at NIOSA last Thursday...

maybe i just need to go to Happy Hour
and get Happy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can always drive to CC from SA. But how often will you get to spend quality time with someone you've been waiting to meet - after all the a-hs in your life? So that's one.

Two - I took a pay cut thinking it was worth it. It wasn't. The job was more stressful and knowing that I was getting a paycut made me uneasy.

I made the decision to leave the current job without a job offer. I had to because I was so unhappy. Even though they wanted me to stay - the stress, the hours and the attitude of some of the clients - made me evaluate if it was worth it.

At this point, I'm much happier and am more confident that I'll end up with a better job very soon.

So - I'd say - weigh your options. If you're unhappy - quit even if there isn't a job lined up - BUT bear in mind extras like insurance benefits...

Alternatively, wait it out knowing that it's a hostile environment, use the summer to give yourself more space and time to find a better job.

I guess my view point is that jobs come and go - but good relationships are a little more elusive. Unless he moves to CC at some point, if the relationship grow, you'll want to be in the same city again.

Blessings you will have, happy you will be

Bennu said...

AAHHHHHH my wise friend with the big ears, how I miss you so... glad you are reading and the advice is great... esp. the last paragraph and the last line.