Saturday, April 26, 2008

FIESTA

Last week in the alamo city
we had FIESTA
I have only been one other time
and that was last year
to help RJ with his beer booth

Since he helped me
while I was gone to my mom's
by watering plants
picking up mail
and keeping an eye on things
and keeping an eye on me
and listening to me when I needed someone
to listen

I volunteered to help as much as he needed
and really
by the time we knew I would be back
he had plenty of help
but I went anyway
two nights
first on Tuesday
the first official night of NIOSA
Nights in Old San Antonio

I didn't get a chance to go
to Oyster Bake
the weekend before
which is one of my all time favorites
I helped with a beer booth there
3 years ago
and it was a blast
cuz I love oysters
baked, fried, raw, shooters
they are great

So Tuesday afternoon
I meet RJ's fiance' at the park and ride
and we go together
we find RJ when we get there,
and we all go to find something to eat
and see the sights before it gets too crowded
Really, it was already crowded
I thought it was the second night
of NIOSA but I was quickly corrected
that it was the first
I thought it might not be busy
because the Spurs game was on that night
a playoff game
but I was quickly told
that most of the people there
weren't into B-Ball
or they would have picked another night
and it did get crowded,
around 7
but by the time I left
at 9:30
the crowd had thinned measurably
but I digress

RJ took us to all the best food booths
or at least the ones I thought were best
Frontier town for steak
Froggy Bottoms for
Bacardi coolers (for me, the non beer drinker)
and other parts unknown
The French Quarter had food that smelled good
but I didn't try it
and he was so good
about not making me feel like
a third wheel,
since Tater stayed home
to watch the game
and doesn't enjoy crowds

We returned to the beer booth
and I poured beer
and visited with patrons
they all liked my shirt
since we were in Irish Flats
I wore my
Irish Yoga T-shirt

One guy asked how he could get me
out of that shirt
and I said
well, is it me you want,
or the shirt?
and he said I was too smart for him
and I said
he could buy the shirt at Target in March
Three men
with long hair
all caught my fancy
at different times of the night
so I decided I do
think a man with long hair is sexy
and at my age
a man with hair at all is sexy

It was fun to flirt
It was fun to work with others
that were fun and laughing
It was great to see RJ
The food was good

but then I agreed to return on Thursday...

and that post is much more interesting...
but it will have to wait,
Tater is on his way over
for a delight-full afternoon!!!!

No comments: