Monday, April 07, 2008

Hot Potato

Ok, Let's just call him
Tater
He gave me the best gift
I have ever received
for my birthday
He took me on a trip to Vegas
with no expectations
of payback
and I am not saying more
about that trip
...what happens in Vegas...
He has been very patient with me
while I weeded my way through
a myriad of men
who all had some redeeming qualities
that I found attractive or intersting
he has been a friend
he has been a shoulder
he has been a rock
he has been
One Hot Tater
he does what they all say
a man who loves you
will do...
He calls as often as he can
he sees me as much as
I will Let him
He says great things
to show me how he feels
and he is concerned with me


he made one mistake
back when we got back from Vegas
he was sneaky
he broke a trust
and it is healing
slowly but surely
last week
right before I had to leave
and be over 500 miles from home
he had his own serious
bout of surgery
concerning a hernia
and that was on Tuesday
He still found a way
to call me and talk
while I drove the
long drive home
he found a way to talk to me
over 2 hours on Saturday
over 3 hours on Sunday
today he returned to work
and after work,
we talked for over 2 hours again...

he says the sweetest things
and he makes me laugh
He is clever with words
and double E's
He is a straight shooter
and appreciates that in me
He checks to make sure I am ok
asks about my stress level
and tries to relieve it as much as he can

Yesterday, as I sat on the patio
looking at the pond,
he told me, as we talked on the phone,
that he called just one more time
to hear my voice
and to tell me
He loves me

We have been seeing each other
Since the beginning of November
and we have taken things pretty slow
for this day and time
just the way I always want to start
a relationship with someone
and somehow am tempted
or have been tempted
to do some things too quickly
but not with Tater
I didn't see in him
what he has seen in me
from the beginning...

he has asked me
more than once
how any man could ever
even conceive of
giving me up
once he had my heart

and I didn't know what to say
until today

Because he wasn't YOU....

I love you too, Tater

(and no, he isn't reading the blog, he promised he never will again, and he hasn't broken my trust again, and I don't believe he will)

1 comment:

Walker said...

So I guess you didn;t leave Tater in Vegas LOL