Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What doesn't kill you

A Drunk post
without Pictures
sorry Walker
still no drunk pictures

My son found another job
and it is in a restaurant
so he will have cash
daily
and he will spend it daily

He is 18
and according to my other house guest
who is now gone
(say halleluhah)
my son is sexually active

but at night
when he takes his shoes off
there is this Gawd Awful stench
that he says is
his
SOCKS
but you know what
I am a grown person
I know that is NOT
JUST SOCKS

so my question is....
how the fuck does he think
some woman is going to be interested
in having sex with him
when she gets down wind of that stench?

and you know what?
she is going to think that the stench
is not just his feet
because if his feet are that smelly
and dirty
then what else is as well?

And then there is the house guest...
he is gone now
and part of me is so glad to see him go
and yet
there is a very small part of me
who was really enjoying having a somewhat grown,
adult male
in the house...

it showed me that
after the initial
"shock and awe" factor
that I can and do
like having a man around
even though
this man
was definitely NOT
the MAN for me

he was
and remains
a man...

so as glad as I was
to see him go

the house will be quieter
the commaradarie
is gone
and the male figure
(right or wrong) for my son
as a friend
is gone...

that is a major part of what I wish
I had
in my life
along with frequent sex
and good conversation
a bunch of hugs
sneaking up behind me
and geting a good grope
in the kitchen or elsewhere
(and no, the guest didn't do that)

these are just a few of the things I would
really LIKE to have
along with a son
that didn't have stinky feet
and took frequent showers
and helped out monetarily
or in chores


but you know what
even if I never have those things

they won't kill me
they will just make me stronger

and tonight,
well tonight I am a bit more
than cynical...

but perhaps that will pass...


then again, maybe it won't

I just hope it doesn't turn
into bitterness

because I am beginning to get
that taste in my mouth...
and I don't like it
not one bit

1 comment:

muse said...

It's the Stinky Feet Man...Hilarious! Maybe cornstarch and baking soda mix could help...or foot powder...or maybe he just needs a different kind of sock.