Tuesday, July 17, 2007

House guest

I haven't had so many houseguests
since I moved into my apt.
a year and a half ago

In fact I haven't had
ANY houseguests
until my son came to visit
and my youngest son
came to stay
and now
a friend
from a far away state
is here
going to interviews

and when he asked to come
and stay
I was leary of it
but then after I found
he was broke
and didn't really have
any other place to stay

(a brother in Houston
who drives a truck so he was
out of town and he couldn't stay there
with his brother away)

I thought of what I would
want someone to do
if I were the broke one
without a car
a job
or a place to stay

and I would like someone
to be a good samaritan
and offer to let me stay anyway

my finances are in
a state of red ink
at the moment
but decided it wasn't going
to get any worse with him here

and really it hasn't.

And my youngest son
has been out of town
most of the week
so that helped
but now
there are all 3 of us
in the house
and it is a bit crowded

It is hard for me to think
about writing posts
much less writing them
with so many eyes around.

Hence my absence for days

and it is difficult to have someone
in the house
that you haven't seen or spent
any significant time with in over 2 years

but we are making it through
and I am sure
it is just as difficult for him as it is for me
esp. sleeping on the couch

but he is a great cook
and has worked hard to be helpful
around the house.

Have to go now, will post again soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Bennu, they are always appreciated.
My sister just moved out after two years. Half the time, her two children were here too!
Now she has gone to a place of her own. We are back to just my immediate family of 2 adults and 3 teens and it is so peaceful. I hadnt realized how noisy she was!