Friday, July 20, 2007

The Good Samaritan

The muse is
The Good Steward
and right now,

I am the good samaritan

first,
my house guest
who WAS suppose to
be getting on a bus
today to Houston

is not now

he is staying for
an undisclosed period of time

I am ready for him to go
before he gets too comfy
even though he is sleeping
on the couch
because my son
is sleeping in the other bedroom

but he is very comfy now,
I mean
I have all kinds of groceries
so there is food to eat,
TV to watch
Internet Access
and my son for entertainment
when he is home from his job

oh yeah, I forgot,
my son lost his job yeseterday
so there is no money
to pay his traffic ticket
that is over 200 dollars
much less help pay
the inflated power bill
or buy groceries
and wants money
for laundry doing
so he can get a new job

but he didn't get up and go look today

so I am
the good samaritan
providing a safe house
that for a short amount of time
doesn't bother me
but

I am really not up to it
in the long run...

You see
I hadn't realized
that I had really gotten
comfortable being home by myself

and right now I am craving some time
by myself
in my home

since I can't afford to go out
and hang out alone
in the bookstore
or to listen to some live music

so I am really ready
for some "me" time

not only that
there are some other
waves of emotion
that are rolling in
which are adding to
the distress
I am feeling

now, that all said
I do care for the well being
of the two fellas
that are here
but I don't understand
the lack of motivation to get out there
and get a job

No comments: