Monday, July 09, 2007

THE Stealthy Sleuth

That is what the Muse
says I am
and yes,
I suppose I am
I once took a person
at their word
and really I do still

but once upon a time
I was taken
by doing so
and was left with nil

so now,
I use google
and the property tax office
and yahoo maps
to see if things
look right
for what I am told

or if it explains why
I haven't been told something

but the most powerful tool
I carry or use is my intuition
which someone one
had me convinced
was wrong
and that I was imagining things
and just stirring up shit
when really
I wasn't

he just didn't want me to be right
and for him to be a scoundrel
but he was
and so was I
right, that is

so now I listen carefully
and if I don't want to be right
and more importantly
I don't want to see that I am right
I don't check to see if I am
I stay home
I drive a different way
if they are on one of my usual paths
and if they aren't I don't go check
I just try to find a distraction

but yes, I am
THE Stealthy Sleuth
and technology makes it
easier
but my intuition is just
as reliable
as Google
and tells me more in the long run.

No comments: