Thursday, February 01, 2007

Why You Walker? No... We can all ask WHY ME

Saturday I came home
after a night out on the town
with the Muse

*we went dancing
but I didn't get asked
to dance
and really
neither did she
but I didn't expect
to get asked

anyway,
my clothes were smokey
my hair was smokey
all that was missing
was the bear to put out the fire

I laid down on fresh
NEW clean sheets
and tried to sleep

I had fitful sleep
smelling smoke at times
which I instantly thought
was my hair
and then I could smell
skunk
and I kept thinking
I was dreaming it
or it was a combo
of my illness not yet gone
so my nose was confused
and the smoke in my hair
Monday I worked til 9:30
yes, at night
and drove home
just in time to see
2
count'em
2
skunks
duck under my abode

hmmmm I wasn't dreaming
there are rodents
of odor
under my apt.

So I sleep with suspicion
that I may smell a skunk
literally
not just in my recent dating life

but it was a pleasantly
non odorous evening
and I called the management
first think Monday

Next Example:

My birthday was over a week ago
I was sick
very sick
but before my birthday
I asked 3 people in my life
yes 3
The Muse
RJ (actually for him to get his girlfriend to do it)
My mom away from mom

to bake me a hot water chocolate cake
for my birthday
not a store bought cake
but one like Granny Bea made me
as a child

Uh.... not one cake has surfaced
Now if you want the recipe
It is on Bennu Too
under a Fantasy post
about Having My Dessert
and Eating it too

THEN:
My house I own
yes now I own it outright
had one last payment due
the mortgage company
couldn't tell me
3 weeks ago
what the payoff was
until 2 days after I called them
now
since the house is empty right now
I was having trouble
coming up with the cash
for the payment
so I asked about putting it
on a credit card
OH no, they don't do that
it has to be a check
hmmm ok
so I asked for the payoff date
to be today
FEB 1
and in the time I have lived
at this address
over a year now
they have yet to get
a statement in the mail to me
so once again
I give them the address
so they can send the
final payment amount to me
and of course
it never came

so day before yesterday
I called them
and try to make a payment
over the phone
after they gave me the pay off amount
only to be told
that for a final payment
they cannot take check by phone payment
I will have to mail a check
and it has to be there
on FEB 1
for the amount to be correct
so I had to write down
their mailing address
as I listened to it
from a woman in INDIA
and I had trouble over
my cell phone understanding her ACCENT

Have I told you how much I hate OUTSOURCING?

Anyway,
I go to the post office
pay 15 bucks to guarantee
the check was there yesterday

and Now I am a proud homeowner

it is just that the house is 550 miles away
in a town
I don't care to live in
ever again

but I can rent it and pay off some debt
and that is what I am working on.

NEXT
This morning is a big day
It is the 100th day of school
and we do all kinds of things
all day
that have to do with 100
I didn't sleep well
I woke up an hour early
*hence why I have time to post
and I walked into my bathroom
and flip the light switch
and the bulb blows
no light
gtting ready in the dark

FUN>>>
on a big day at school

yeah, I have light bulbs
but if you saw where the light is
you would understand why
I didn't change it this morning

but hey
I have that to look forward to
when I get home tonight....

so the degree
to the
WHY ME
does vary


and I admit
I would be very frustrated
if I was Walker right now
(see Lost Here and Beyond)
but I don't even remember how to link
so you have to look in the sidebar for his site

I have to go to work now
counting to 100 all day
and cooking 100 panckakes

Have a good one...

No comments: