Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post Valentine's

Well I would have been fine

if I hadn't had any plans
on the Day of Love

but I ended up with some
after all

a man I just met on Sunday
for a wonderful lunch
and a movie so I could
spend a little more time with him

asked me if he could cook
dinner
for me
and I let him

Well I would have been fine
if it had been one entree'
but he made two
Honey BBQ Salmon
and
Chicken Cordon Blue (sp?)
and they were both great
and I sat and watched him
create this delectable meal

It's about time I wasn't the one
offering to cook a meal

Well I would have been fine
if I had lived through the day
without some of the news I received
but no...
the demons that make sure
that news I don't even want to have
reaches my ears..
and from the most unexpected people
like the Librarian at school
whose Man's name is Angel
delivered the news
and now I don't know what to do with it
other than let it go.
I can't really divulge the news
and really it isn't the point
the point is...
it came to me in a most unusual way
on a most unusual day

Well I would have been fine
with Mr. Jones
just calling on the day of Love
even though I sent him
a package for the day
oh and did he call....

he freaked out
he was having a rough day
and he basically
gave me my walking papers
and then hung up
without a chance for me to respond

Well I would have been fine
if that was the end of it
but he did call today
and apologize
and we are back at the point
of making plans for a rendevous

Well I would have been fine
just to talk with Mr. Duvall
but it turned out better than that

I have
yes
I have an afternoon date
on Saturday
and boy am I ready
for a little release
banter
and playfulness

Well I would have been fine
getting a kiss on a special day
or a chocolate cake
but I didn't
not even from my new friend
but he is moving slow
and I like that

and his eyes
and body shape are that
of one of my favorite people
from my past
who shared many interests of mine
including camping
and eating chocolate cake
and making trips to town for ice cream.

Just a slight resemblance
and many similarities
and I smile every time
I see a new one...

Well I would have been fine

And I am...

and no settling for crumbs...

Fellas,
I want it all
and I can give it all
but if you aren't up to it
move on...

Well I will be fine
if he never comes along
but if he does



I will be finer.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Glad to see you had a nice V-Day and that you have plans for Saturday which you know will be great.

Take care and enjoy. :)

Walker said...

So what you are saying is that you want your cake (Chocolate) and to eat it all LOL
At least you had someone cook for you, all I got was wine and Rupa

Walker