Friday, January 26, 2007

Recovering

I started not feeling so well
LAST Saturday

I mean
I was kinda achey
my throat was a bit scratchy

but I packed
and drove to meet
Mr. Jones

We were an instant hit
we were having a great time

but still, I had the chills
my head hurt a bit

so I took some aspirin
and pushed through the pain
and we still
had a great time

Sunday morning came too soon
I didn't want to get out of bed
I was still having some achiness
all over
and after breakfast
we said our good byes
and I drove home

I then realized I was running
a fever
a killer fever
with chills that were rocking me
off the couch
So I took enough Advil
to kill anything
and laid down in the sun
all afternoon

Too sick to work
On Monday
so I stayed home

thankful that I had food
to eat
and to cook.

I made chicken noodle soup
and ate it
and ate it
and drank hot tea

Tuesday was my birthday
but I was still sick
and stayed home again

barely able to keep up with the time of day
but very able
to keep up with
WHO called to wish me
A HAPPY Birthday

Mr. Duvall called first
in fact
he called 5 times that day to check on me
when he found out I was sick

but he said HB first
and besides friends
and Mr. Jones
and my son
there were no other men
calling to wish me a happy day

I would have to say
that was the very last straw
for some stragglers
of men
who seem to be just hanging on the fringes
of my life

they are gone
old news

and they know it

Birthdays are a big deal for me
and if you don't have the courtesy
to remember something
as simple as 123
we have a problem

Wednesday I was much better
and even though I should have
stayed home
again
I went to work
it was group picture day
couldn't have 5 year olds
with no adult in the picture
that would be sad

rested after work
and RJ and I went to a basketball game
and sure enough
there was Mr. Sullivan

I saw his back
from a distance
but i knew it was him

and I guess
he saw me later
because yesterday
(the day after the game)

here came a phone call from him
out of the clear blue

hmmmm .....

today
well today I am tired
and want to lay in bed...
but no
i have to go back to work later
and get caught up
from what I have missed.

I don't know what it was
but it kicked my ass
and I am now so glad
to feel better

even a ghastly ghost
from my past called to offer help
but I said no...

who I wanted here
didn't show up to take care of me
and by the time
people offered help,
well
I didn't need any by then

RJ did bring me some Theraflu

and left, and it is a good thing
because I remembered why
I don't take it
after I had drank it

it has this really strong
aphrodisiac effect on me

and when I am without Boyfriend
man
that sucks...

I am off to make more tea with honey

stay warm everyone
and stay away from the theraflu.

3 comments:

Walker said...

First Happy Birthday!!!! and if you give me your number and TELL ME when your birthday is I would call and you know i would.

I hope you are getting close to 100%.
If it was what we had here I feel for you.
They are all getting better now.

No one remembers my BD here actually my parents complained last year that I was going out and it wasn't until my brother stopped at the bar and saw my friends wishing me a happy BD that he called my parents and asked if it was and then just then realized it.
Its no biggie for me.
I know :)
Take care of yourself

Vickie said...

I love birthdays---yours mine it matters not, Had I know it was
your special day, I would have acknowledged it in some way.

I think everyone should have their B-day recognized as it is
their special day...I know I'm female and you were looking for those
male calls but friends are friends. :)

Enjoy this year and may it be your best.

Bennu said...

Walker,

My mom forgot it the last few years until it was my birthday, and she always says, well I was going to send you some flowers and then she never does. And yes, I know you would call...

Ms. Vickie,

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks birthdays are special days.

Thanks for the warm thoughts.