Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Day to Smile

Man,
this week sucked...

many things that were
LESS than STELLAR
occurred

*disclaimer:
I know many people have
much bigger problems than I do
but hey, problems are still
problems and
THEY SUCK

My first day back at work
last Wednesday
I see on the board
that in a week
I will be the first
of the ones in my building
to be "observed"
by my supervisor

Man, that sucks
now I have to pony up
and get my shit in order
much sooner than I planned
after the holidays
I haven't even taken my
little xmas tree down yet
and that was suppose to be done
before we left for the holidays

Then on Thursday
I went to the Big V
with the Muse
and we had a great time
and I drove home
a bit tipsy afterwards
I didn't get into bed
until 11 and the alarm
was set for at 5:30
Then at 2:30 AM
yes AM
I was rudely awakened
by a man and a woman
having a knock down dragout
fight
right outside my window

It was worse than a cat fight
it went on until my alarm went off
It would wane and then
it would get worse
and wake me up again
I was tipsy
and didn't want to get up
and get into it with them,
so I tried to ignore it
so Friday
I went to work with little sleep

Man, That sucks
because I knew that
Friday night I would
just crash and not get out
at all.....
not good for me
I need to
GET OUT and ABOUT
even if just to the bookstore

Friday after work
I checked my cell phone
for any calls
at the beginning of Dec
I changed cell phone companies
but kept the old phone
and service so my son
who is on it can have his phone
til other arrangements are made
* he doesn't want to change providers
Long story short
I checked my old phone too
I had voicemail

Time warp to a small town 500 miles away
I own a house there
that I rent out
my ex renter
who is a good friend
and now lives next door to my house
called
Ummmm did you know your current renters
are moving out? just thought you might
needed to know that.... don't mean to be nosey

UGH!!!! Thank you
NO, I didn't know
and NO, they didn't give notice
and NO, I cannot afford to not have renters in it.
then she goes over and checks it
and they have left a bunch of stuff there
and not cleaned it

Man, That Sucks
I am speechless
It just Sucks
because I am 500 miles away
and pretty much at the mercy of others

Then my weekend got much BETTER
Saturday Morning
Mr. Duvall called
and said
would you like to meet me
at our usual place and spend the night?

WOO HOO!!! I would LOVE TO!!!
So I packed a dinner picnic
of ham, cheese, crackers and dip
and a breakfast extravaganza
of BLT Sandwiches and fried potatoes
and boy was he surprised
and liked my cooking
and ate everything I took.
He was really funny
He was so excited about the picnic fun

So today,
today despite the things that SUCK

I am smiling

We had a great time
and for a little while
all that other stuff went away
and I had some fun.

2 comments:

Fizzy said...

Sounds like you have hit the ground runningsince the new year. At least once the observation is done you have got it out of the way and all your collegues will still be worrying about it.
The house next to me is rented out and the last tennants did "a bunk" before Christmas and the place was an enviromental health hazard...and they had been living in it ... terrible. I hope that you get your property sorted and soon.

Walker said...

lol its almost 3 am, i have a nice little buzz going and I am tired so you can just imagine how many different ways I could go with this comment lol

Well I got to say that your weekend sucked suck and REALLY SUCKED by the end of it "wink" LMAO!!

Your problems are just as great to you as ours are to us.
Ungreatful wankers not telling you that they are moving.
Find out where they moved to and drop off thier garbage at the new place.

Cheer up you'vwe been through worse and will cum out smelling sweet in the end.

Oh and youknow how sick this mind can be at 3 am but ummmmmm what's the Big V ?