Thursday, January 18, 2007

Inquring Minds Are Wanting to Know

Finally,

A day at work
I never thought I would be so thankful

lol
anyway, it has been a day
a day and a half,
if possible.

First of all,
it was the 90th day of school
which is the halfway mark
so
we read a book
called
Give Me Half
and we made cookies
and cut them in half and shared
with another class of 5/6 year olds
and we made mini chocolate and mini strawberry
cupcakes (and I do mean mini)
and cut them in half
and put one half of each with
a half of the other
to discuss how two halfs make a whole

We took all numbers from 1-10
and halved them, if they would
We ate our concoctions
and half a pb&j sandwich
the other class made for us
on half a plate
with our napkins folded in half...

and then the day was over... whew...
see, it was a day
and a half....lol

anyway then...
then the fun began
Mr. Duvall called and tempted me
with a tease of possibly
an evening at my house
tomorrow
if I haven't found a beau

woo hoo... no beau yet
just a few prospects on the horizon
so yeah, I am available...
I have been grinning ever since I got that call


He is driving over 140 miles
to see me
even though we usually meet in the middle

He really has been so good to me
he said he would take me to breakfast
and I said I would gladly cook
but no, he said we could go out
but my cooking is better, I said
Yes, he said, it is
but it isn't as easy as going somewhere
so we agreed to pick a breakfast place that
was hopefully... better than where we have been going...

And then on Saturday
I am off to Salado
for a wonderful evening of
Scrabble, a warm fire
and good company
with a prospective beau

and the other one, a new one,
is in Terlingua for a week,
so I will meet him next week, when he returns

but he did call and leave me a very
bright and sweet voicemail today
just saying hello and wishing me
a good day at work...

now that,
that is what I like...
thoughtfulness when I least expect it...

Oh and Mr. Jones,
well he is bring me firewood
he cut for me
that will fit in my chiminea
and homemade soap
because he knows I love it
and a purple pen,
to keep score on..


Scrabble remember?
I like scrabble, it is a favorite game
in my family
and I like a man
who is good with words

so we will see how he fairs
and if I drink anything
we will see how I fair as well...

should that be fare or fair? probably fare

oh well, have to go
the muse and I are off to the Big V
haven't had a drink in nearly two weeks...
think I can have a few tonight...

1 comment:

Walker said...

Seems like you have the weekend all planned out.
Have a great time :)