Thursday, April 20, 2006

Time Out

Some weeks come and go and everything moves along smoothly. This is not one of those weeks.

The state mandated tests for school children, or TAKS Tests were administered this week. No, they don't give the test to Kindergarten, but it does affect us. Each day during the week, besides the PE/Music/Art rotation time, we have a special class, such as computer literacy, library, counseling, etc. Well, during TAKS weeks, we do not go to those special classes. You wouldn't believe the difference it makes in your demeanor with the students. OMG!!! We even had to eat lunch with them for two days.... I needed a break, and I know they needed a break from me as well.

Plus, ATS and I have been meeting for breakfast all week. Not because we need to eat, but because we have no other uninterrupted time together. That's right folks, his phone rings and we are interrupted any other time we try to hang out for just a little bit. It is very difficult and it is extremely aggravating. The few minutes we are together in the morning is when I would be preparing for my day with kids. So, needless to say, I haven't had much opportunity to get much done before class, during specials, during lunch and after school, well I had tried to meet with ATS twice, which were total chaos, and one day I had a dentist appt., and boy was that fun.

Get the idea yet? not getting anything done... 22 fussy children calling my name, no support from the one I want it from... yeah, it has been a week among weeks for NOT A GOOD WEEK.

So, tomorrow I am taking a time out. I have given ATS his walking papers for now (will revoke them when I feel better). I am going to Happy Hour at Amused Muse's home and Saturday I am sitting on the beach just being me.

I'll blow the whistle when Time Out is over, until then, sit your happy a** on the bench and wait.

No comments: