Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday is the Kitchen

I was up til past midnight
I got an evening burst of energy
and actually cleaned off the coffee table
which consisted of
putting kitchen condiments
salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash etc
back into the kitchen
going through mail that I had tossed there
gathering up trash
finding a new home for
odd computer cables
wire cutters
tape dispenser
kitchen candles
candle sconces
a set of decorative plates

then wiping down the table
returning one oil lamp
a seashell stained glass "magic wand"
for lack of a better descriptor
and books I am reading
to start my new transformation

I also emptied a spot by the tv
there was a box
full of self help books
of which I will keep a handful
and give the rest away
or sell in a garage sale
so that moved to be by the book shelf

So... I woke up at 5:30
and was wide awake
so this morning
I am going to put up clean dishes
wash remaining dirty ones
clean off the counters
clean the stove top
clean off the kitchen table
which sounds easy
but it is covered with all the things
I don't know what to do with
sweep the floor
clean out the cat box
take out the trash
clean out the car
load laundry in the car
go to the laundromat
and obviously
do my laundry
put up laundry
and then I have plans
to go to dinner
and a movie with a new friend

there might have to be a nap in there
somewhere

we will see..

Have a great day!!!

ps. still waiting for the NYE date call

2 comments:

alexkoudr said...

Great points. In particularly with this one that kitchen candles sconces a set of decorative plates then wipping down the table.
Thanks for sharing that information.
Natalia Chik
http://kitchentableset.info

Bennu said...

Well, it didn't sound like as big of a job as it WAS... so a few mundane details.