Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Moving Day

Today the movers arrive
to carry a sea of boxes,
heavy furniture, and
odds and ends
to my new home.

I am very excited
last night was
THE Last Night

I would sleep in
my old abode
and tonight

tonight is the first
night I will spend
in my wonderful new home.

Usually, I have had this same feeling
being excited about something new
but the coincidences
and happenings
regarding my new place
are a new rare gift
that I have not experienced at this level
for a very long time
if ever.

New furniture
found at a steal of a price
that goes perfectly in the space
and works with my decor motif

wanting a "dressy"
beach chair
like the wooden ones you see
along New England Beaches
in pictures

a leather lounge chair
with the wooden design
to resemble just that appears
at a great price
practically new

Four new chairs needed to compliment
a table I have
but is not in use at this time

Missing ladder back chairs
of the past,
I find 4 that are in great shape
and they are priced so low
and the table comes with them
a heavy, knotty pine top
with white legs

barstools, of which I have none
and know not where to start
I find some that match
ladder backs and all
and email the man
Today a response
three days later
he does still have them

so many coincidences
great things are happening
and I am going to enjoy them all

now it is time
to get out of bed
take the last shower here
and finish up packing
so that when I get there
I can start unpacking
and rearranging

The sun is shining
the birds are singing
and I am soo excited...

You are welcome to come
dip your toes in my pool anytime
have a libation
on the big chair
on the balcony
and be soothed
by the waterfall down below...
I have enough beach towels
for everyone!

No comments: