Thursday, October 04, 2007

Out and About

Last week
while in the airport
waiting for my flight
out of town,
A conversation
arose
with a man
who lives in the Alamo City
he was interested
in taking me to dinner,
I learned when it was time
for me to board the plane
so I gave him my number
thinking
at the time
nothing will come of it
I liked him, I thought
he was hispanic
when in actuality
he is middle eastern
but he was very charming
and there were some sparks

And he DID CALL
and wanted me to have dinner
on the evening I returned from my trip
At first, I accepted
then after returning
to son troubles
I called and rescheduled
and Monday evening
we met and had dinner
the food was wonderful
the conversation was great
so... you are wondering
what was amiss

well, in our phone conversations
he kept bringing up sex
and how good his equipment is
and how women are always so
IMPRESSED
now, you should know by now
that I have no issue with discussing
such matters
but when we haven't even
had a first date
It really is a turn off for me
so yes, I was leary
of having dinner
or anything else
and yes, I did just have dinner
and no hanky panky dessert

then last night
after having my hair done
and feeling pretty
I wanted to go somewhere
and I was hungry
so I went to my favorite
chinese food restaurant
and sat at the bar

Not too long after I sat down
a man sat down next to me
he was a bit older
he was friendly
turns out we went to the same college
and grew up near each other
he was meeting his daughters for dinner
he was in town from San Diego
on his way to a high school reunion

We had a great time
and I just kept thinking
man... if he invited me back to his hotel room
I would be there in a heartbeat

he introduced me to the daughters
on their arrival
and included me
in the conversation
before they departed
for their table

I hadn't been there long
when he showed up
just long enough to order
a drink and calamari
which I ate after he arrived
so I stayed
and ate dinner
and wrote some notes
for work
and enjoyed another drink
before I left
and they were still at their table
visiting when I walked out

I wanted to walk over
and give him my number
I wanted to thank him for
the great conversation
I wanted to see if he would
visit with me after they left

but I didn't

I couldn't

and as I walked to the car
I thought how funny it was
that I met two men
in public
in a week
one couldn't wait to get me alone
and I didn't want him to
just because of his words
and choice of topic
and the other
I would have slept with
in a heart beat
but alas, he
wasn't really an option
I mean, c'mon
San Diego?
but man he was really interesting.
And he paid me a great compliment
Seattle came up,
I said I had a son there,
my 20 year old
and he said,
"You don't look old enough
to have a 20 year old"

say it with me

AWWWWWWWW
thank you!!!!

so.... an interesting week
so... far....

No comments: