Tuesday, October 09, 2007

IS it ok to Flirt ... or.... IT IS ok to Flirt

Our campus went to a
"synchronized" Air Conditioning System
right before school started.
So this company came out
and installed all the stuff
and now it is all controlled
not on our campus
but at the Main Office
and/or by the AC company
that installed it
and it is all computerized

In the interest of getting my room
set up and ready to go
i was at school when they
head "honchos" from the AC company
were there
installing and checking it out
One of the guys was friendly
I let him use my computer
I had some issues with my room
not working properly
and finally after a few visits
he got it fixed
It had a broken part
in the unit that cools my room
and the room next to me.

He gave me his business card
and said
if I had any more trouble
to just call him, if it occurred
in the next two weeks

Of course there were no other issues
I did email him
and offer a cold drink as a thank you
for the "fixing" of the ac
but got no response
then at Meet the Teacher night
he was there again
the over ride had not been set
and it was very toasty in our building
he used my computer
I shared a cold bottle of water
and again, he said I could call
if there were any problems,
but I have still not had any.

A few weeks ago, I saw him on campus,
and he was friendly
and I was glad I had dressed nicely that day
and had on makeup
so I was self conscious

Last Thursday
I was in my room alone
and turned around to find him there
with a co-worker
asking about the air
and if it had been cool
The air was
but I wasn't
I was very toasty
I was giddy and silly
and turning red
we were talking but not really saying anything
I said the other rooms were having issues
when we had fire drills
with the air cutting off
for the rest of the day
but I hadn't had that problem
and no
I hadn't called him
because the issue wasn't with me
it was with others.
He asked several questions
trying to figure out
why that would occur
and one of them
was if the drill was after hours
and I had to explain that we
kinda have to have those when the kids were there
and then my phone (class phone) rang
and as I went to answer it
he said
they were just out
checking on their hot teachers

and I didn't get the joke (ac man, hot teachers... lol)
until later,
I took it as a compliment and said thanks
and he was gone before I said goodbye

I wanted to call
and ask him out again
after I realized I thought he was flirting
but I couldn't find it
and then I remembered why
I threw it away
I didn't want to be tempted
to drunk dial it
I mean
he does flirt
and had flirted
but I didn't think it was going to be
anything more.

but I couldn't tell him that
so I emailed
and asked if we could meet
for a cool drink sometime
but if I had misconstrued
it never hurt to ask

and he responded

When? you have my number...

ummmmm actually
I don't, and finally
I emailed him back

and was honest
I don't have it
but here is my cell number

and I can tell you why I don't
when I see you
I said

I haven't heard back
but I am enjoying the flirting

I like to flirt
it is Ok to flirt
and often

and you never know
what might happen

1 comment:

Walker said...

I dont know what flirting is so I cant comment LOL