Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wow... So That's What It's Like

I gave up Mr. Duvall sometime back
and since I posted about it
I have also given Mr. Turnaround
the signal to Turnaround and Walk Away
and he did

so here I have been
just kinda hanging out
going for my walk
getting stuff done around the house
visiting with friends here and there

and day before yesterday
I was asked out for a date
and last night I went out on said date

and you know what
he opened doors
he was friendly
he paid for everything
he was complimentary
we had great conversation

and when we parted company
he asked if he could kiss me
but he didn't go overboard
but it was really very nice

and I know I don't usually use the word nice
it isn't one of my favorite words
but in this case it fits perfectly
and I mean it in the best way possible

now, what was really nice
about my date
is that
although he was tall
handsome
height weight proportionate
and very literate

I didn't have any expectations
beyond having a good time

we parted saying we would like
to do something again sometime

and that was that,
it was very nice
to have a date with a man who
at least knew
how to act on a first date

not a project
not a sex hound
not a non-talking illiterate

wow, I may have turned a corner

I sure hope so

No comments: