Friday, June 22, 2007

Look to the Horizon

Good things are on the horizon
A trip home for the 4th of July
Showing my home town and
all that go with it to the muse
who has bravely
agreed to go where no man has gone before

don't get excited,
all that means is that she
is driving with me
to see my mom
for the 4th of July
and do some hiking and sight seeing

and no,
no men I have met while in South Texas
have ever ventured that way with me

that is all that means, but hey
it sounded really good
didn't it?

and there are some fellas
on the horizon as well
I had a dinner date on Tuesday
blogged about it
I have a lunch date today
and a tentative
"Let's have drinks" date
tomorrow afternoon.

The expectation is
they will all be pleasant
and fun
and it will be like trying on shoes

some will fit better than others
some will cost more
some are prettier
some are more practical
for my lifestyle

but sometimes I do walk out of the shoe store
without any shoes
but the ones I wore in....

and I am ok with that too

So a trip home
some great fireworks
and good friends to share it
some Nice Dates
oh.. and things
with my youngest son
seem to be getting better
but today
today he hasn't gotten out of bed
to go to work yet....

his job is not as glamorous as he
wanted it to be.

but things are looking good
on my horizon.
Hope they are looking good on yours.

1 comment:

muse said...

What? I thought I had signed on for the alcohol tour.