Friday, June 08, 2007

A Sigh of Relief

Tough Love is TOUGH

It isn't just tough for the one
that you have to show it to
but it is hard for the person
who has to give it/show it

Who would like telling their child
the things I have had to tell mine?
No one I don't think

and I have to admit
that he has been pretty good
about all the rules
but he still drives me nuts

of course he is being good
because he knows he has burned all his other bridges
and I am the last one who will give him a place to stay

Yesterday
he finally was offered a job
and he took it
it isn't going to be as glamorous
as he thinks it is
but it will be a start
and perhaps give him a "bridge"
til he can find something better for him

or maybe it will turn into something better too
I don't know

what I do know
is that when he told me about it
over our BLT sandwiches
I had to find a way
to let him know
that he asked to come and stay
til he got on his feet
and if I don't give him
a plan or idea
of when he should find his own place
he will mooch off me indefinitely
and blow his money
as fast as he makes it

so
August 1, I said
the 15th at the latest
is when you need to have your own place

of course he didn't like it
he likes a free ride
who doesn't
but apparently
once your children move out
it is much harder to have
them in the house again for
undetermined number of days,
weeks, .... we won't think that last part.

so... he has a job
woo hoo

just when he was trying to pawn
an amplifier
so just in the nick of time...

I wouldn't have been buying him a sandwich,
but I was hungry and haven't gone to the grocery store
purposefully
and I hate to eat out alone
I do it
I just don't like it...

It was his celebratory dinner
which is sad,
because it was just BLT's...lol

we are getting along
better than I thought we might

That is a good thing...

No comments: