Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dating Feastily

In recent months I really have had some interesting thoughts about my dating life

The muse pointed out the other day
that even though
it may seem like
FAMINE

and believe me,
since giving up Mr. Duvall
there has been a famine

my dating life is really
when looked at over
the entire expanse
of my life
as a single person,
as a teenager, in my late 20's
and again since my late 30's

My dating life is
in FACT

A FEAST

And yesterday it all hit home
I was getting ready for a lunch date
with Mr. Cajun Man
(sung to the Secret Agent Man tune, but
not to be confused with the Muse's SAM)

and I mentioned to my son
that I would be gone for a date
then pick muse up from the airport
and then had another date

His response was
in an astonished tone
"Another date? are these all the same guy?"

"uh... no... there are 4 of them I have been out with
this week alone..."

and as I stood there
I realized
hey...
that's pretty good
4 different guys
paying me good attention

after the poor attention span
of those who came before them

of course
it may be famine again
in a few weeks

but honestly
here is the run down...

oh and they do not
not one of them
think that I am dating only them
and I did
yes I did
get second and third dates
or 4th as the case may be
from all of them...

ok, on to the gory details
because someone will ask (Alex)
if I don't tell... (possibly Walker)
oh and before I go on...
No Walker, I haven't yet...

Yet being the key word...

First there is Mr. Cajun Man
very much a gentleman
yet, he is
and he reminds me often
with little inuendo
that he is ALL MAN
well educated
great voice
well spoken
good vocabulary and witty
makes me laugh often
and on top of that
has a great truck
a harley
and the owner of a huge company
and likes all the same things I like
(so far)
that's the vain part
the sincere part is
that he is very good to me
and makes me feel great when we go out
YES, he takes me out... what a concept
Yesterday we had our 4th or 5th date,
and each has included a meal and an excursion
somewhere interesting
it is so nice to ride in a vehicle and not drive
and we have had great talks
and he gets it when I say "what"
and tells me what he was thinking
and when he can tell my wheels are turning
he asks me "what?" and I tell him
there is definitely a good connection there


Then there is the Bug Man
which is a whole 'nother story all together
self educated
smart and philosophical
has one small son
just old enough to go to school this fall
we have had trouble getting together
but we finally met up for drinks last night
and by the time I got there, I needed one
and he looks much younger
even though he isn't
and he was very complimentary
but a bit wishy washy
still, good positive attention
wants a second date
or the second half of a second date
(we stayed so long he called it part of the second date)
we went to a local patio grill
and had a few drinks and some chips/dip
then after we had decided to leave
he suggested we go in and sit at the bar
and have one more
Hence, the half date
I ordered Bailey's and Hot chocolate
with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate sauce
and it looked very seductive
so he got one too
and we flirted a little dangerously
over those two drinks.
Actually, I think he wanted to lean over
and lick the whipped cream off my lips
as much as I wanted to lean over
and lick the whipped cream off his lips

but we didn't,
he walked me to my car
after some wonderful compliments
and I got a great good night kiss
and the anticipation of another date...
He was very tall,
and great smile and great eyes
and he owns his own company as well


Then there is Mr. Z-Car
not to be confused with Mr. Turnaround
He is very liberal
well educated
funny and likes the
quirky places I like to go
We have been out twice
and had a great time both times
the kisses
ohhhhh they are
luscious and leave me
well...
in a dry spell
you can imagine how they leave me
he is very complimentary
about my hair
and smile and laugh
and laughs at my subtle jokes
He likes to play Scrabble as do I
so a challenge to a game
has been accepted
He is in between jobs
but doesn't seem to have money
issues,
he is an engineer
and has had some pretty major jobs
in the past that vary in amazing ways
so the stories are very interesting..
He only asks me out about once a week
so I am looking forward to next week

and last
but not least
is Mr. Deep
as in Deep Sea Diver
and I am not going to use
a name that has diver in it
(not in the middle of a dry spell)
He is funny
is starting a great company
that has a product that is very much
in demand right now
so it should go very well
He calls often
talks wittily
and even though
technically,
we haven't had a real
first date yet
I know that next week we will

so the last few weeks
it has been a feast
and according to the Muse
I seem to be
really enjoying it
and she is right
I am..

and that is just it
I am having fun
and not worrying
about where it goes
or doesn't go

It is a change
and I like it...

No comments: