Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Served

Somehow,
in all my years
of being a responsible adult
(ok, I know that is an oxymoron for me)

I have never been served
with Jury Duty
until now
I got the notice last week
I went today
the day before
Good Friday
in fact
on
Maundy Thursday

and it is a holiday at work tomorrow
so it looked like a possible
yes, possible
4 day weekend
and guess what...

I asked a very kind and sweet man
to give me a ride downtown
and he did
and I went through the metal detectors
unscathed
then I signed my life away and
admitted to being white and
mostly Lutheran
and that I was a virgin
at least to the Jury Duty process

I had 3 gentlemen offer help
when I was lost in the building
(or so they thought, I simply hadn't read my paperwork)
when I needed a restroom break
and didn't want to give up
my aisle seat
and when I left
which I will get to

anyway, we were herded in
like cattle
told where to sit (for the swearing in)
told it was our duty
and all the reasons
we could get out of it
not once,
but 4 times
after we were given a handout
that explained the same information
and then...
were sworn in
given a 45 minute break
and when we all returned
and waited for oh...
30 minutes or so
we were told
that 100 of us were going home
and the rest would be
called to a jury room
as possible jurors
so they called about 40 names
none of them mine
gave them their "voucher"
to show employers etc
and then called 40 more
none of them were me

and then
then they said
oh we are so sorry
we aren't going to call any jurors today
so you will all be going home
and then in the next 20
they did call my name

so I came home about 11
after a very kind and sweet man
came to get me and took me to
a late breakfast

I watched some tv shows I have missed
online
and then sat out in the sun
in my new wonderful
fabulous new chair
and listened to
James Blunt
Norah Jones
and Corinne Bailey Rae

and now it is time to go get
my hair done...

Duty done

it is time for some fun

and I am feeling so good
I think I am going to revive
Fantasy Friday on Bennu 2
I miss that...

Have a wonderful Easter
I hope your egg hunt is a great one
and that the bunny brings you a chocolate chicken
just like Max...
(children's book reference)

2 comments:

Walker said...

Duty done and now for fun fun fun in the sun.
Sounds so much like you.
At least someone is doing a sex post of Friday :)

Walker said...

Happy Easter :)