Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Wonderfully Fantabuloso Week

In a nutshell

My electronic portfolio
that I slaved over
and whipped up
in less than 5 days
received a
" It was Impressive"
from my administrator
and counts for part
of my yearly eval

Then, the computer guru
called a "cit"
told me
in a btw tone
she showed it to some of her counterparts at a meeting
and she hadn't seen me to ask if it was alright
but she thought it would be

and it was

and oh btw
she says I also sent a copy
to the superintendent

woo hoo... now those are kudos I like

then, the next great thing that happened
was that our evening registration
for the little ones
that I orchestrated,
made all printed materials for
and hosted
with the help of the other two
wonderful teachers I work with
was a huge success
we had standing room only
we were running off additional copies
and we were thrilled

as were the admin
and others who commented on it the next day

I even got a pat on the back
literally, not just figuratively
from my admin
who said "great work"
and we will do it that way again next year

so... my week was great on Wed.

then I was asked to share some expertise
(really just my own experience)
with a reading "program"
at a Language Arts meeting
which is a rep from each team
and some others
and I did, and was patted on the back for that as well

and so,
a good man who likes me
thought I deserved a celebratory dinner
and we went out on Wednesday night
and had a fantastic steak dinner
it was a wonderful evening

and the week went on...

the good things almost made me forget
how much my back hurts and how bad my body aches
I don't know what it is
but it is starting to show
my friends and coworkers are noticing my
"lack" of concentration and attention
and I suppose that is from the pain and trying to minimize it and hope no one notices me having trouble moving
I don't know what it is
but even with the recent massages
and going back to my old tennis shoes
it isn't better
the only chair that doesn't make it hurt
is the big comfy one in the yard
so I am off to sit in the yard
and plan for next week,

sorry, thought a fantasy was on it's way
but I can't even think about that right now.

do the Happy Dance for me...

No comments: