Sunday, June 11, 2006

Preparations

Today I make preparations for a journey.

A journey home.

The premise is to see my mother.

The truth is to find some peace and rejuvenate while spending some time reminiscing and visiting with my mother.

While there, I hope to:

Sit in the sun by the pond and listen to the waterfall soothe my soul.

Visit Palo Duro Canyon and hike around a bit. Perhaps ride the Sad Monkey Railroad, since I never have.

Rollerblade around WTAMU.

Walk everyday, all over town. Walk by my favorite houses that I miss seeing. (Yes, I have certain houses in town that I really like and would like to see)

Play Scrabble

Read, Read, Read

Sit out by the pond with my mother and chat, about nothing most of the time, but sometimes she tells me things about when she was young that I didn't know before.

I would love to swim, but there is no pool, I will have to come home for that.

I will see my son and spend some time with him. I hope it goes well.... we are just so different.... pray for us both, we need some healing to have a great relationship.


My preparations include washing the car, loading things to take to my mother, which includes two tables, leaving my abode ready to be empty indifinitely, and washing clothes and packing them. Have a great week everyone, I will be posting after I arrive and attaching pictures while I am there to show what is "home" to me. You might say it is barren wasteland, but there are things I miss, besides blending in as far as my intonation and accent on words is concerned.... I am not the one with an accent, you are...lol

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

Oh .... do we get to see some photos of the trip?

I could do with some rejuvenating myself I spent this morning "wrestling" with the nursery teacher I am taking over from in September ... my biorhythms weren't lying this morning!

Bennu said...

Yes there will be photos...

man, Jo, your biorhythms were a mess today.... hope tomorrow is better