Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I Just Want to Go Home... oh wait, supposedly I am there...

For all practical purposes, I have not been in my apartment for a MONTH, yes a whole Month... for more than 4 weeks I have been cooking, cleaning dishes (which I abhor) helping do things I don't normally do...

For example: for my mom, I feed and water 5 little chihuahua puppies several times a day, let them out in the yard to run around and play and watch to make sure they don't drown in the pond. Most of the time, I don't mind, and the first two weeks of the month I have not been home, I really enjoyed, but now I am starting to wish I had my own bed to sleep in. My pet and smoke free abode, where if I don't feel like eating I don't have to cook.

Don't get me wrong, I love cooking. There is nothing I enjoy more than a meal cooked at home, whether by myself or in conjunction with someone else. I have just not done this much cooking in a very long time, and then to cook a meal practically every day, sometimes 2 or 3 meals, well it is beginning to take it's toll. Especially when I enjoy having others to chat with, or cook with and that has been absent for me. Today I cooked fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and had salad to go with it. My mom was within 10 feet of me, but she was busy with a number puzzle from the newspaper and her only comment was such a strange one I thought someone else was talking through her. It's Wednesday she said... You should call.

What? Who are you talking to?

You.

Call who? I ask

well that is as far as I am going with that... but it isn't like her to tell me that or sound that way.

I have officially been here 8 days. Normally I stay 5, so it is rare that we make it this far. Well today the signs that I should go home soon raised their ugly heads so I am sure that I will be home sooner than some thought and later than some wished.

In the mean time, I went to a great deal of trouble to chase down 2 fresh, never frozen chickens, fry them and then revel in how great they tasted, so here are a few pictures to make you either gross out or salivate, depending on your preference of fried chicken.


No comments: